Anyone gotten your Annual Blue Hole pass yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I sent in my application last month, they cashed my check a few weeks ago, but no tag yet. I am thinking of heading over on Saturday since the weather looks like 70s and sunny. :D I guess if it doesn't come tomorrow I will just tell the permit guy we paid already and he can look me up. (that is what they told us to do last year when the permits went out late...):cool2:

robin:D

I have not, but I only sent mine in 2-ish weeks ago. It does usually take a while, and I have never had a problem just telling the permit guy that I have an annual pass on the way. Have fun on Saturday.

I sent in my application last month, they cashed my check a few weeks ago, but no tag yet. I am thinking of heading over on Saturday since the weather looks like 70s and sunny. :D I guess if it doesn't come tomorrow I will just tell the permit guy we paid already and he can look me up. (that is what they told us to do last year when the permits went out late...):cool2:

I just got my application this week. (They are a little slow) Last year I photocopied the application and check and brought that with me when I went to the Blue Hole. The permit guy just looked at the photocopy and gave me a weekend permit.

well, we are definitely going over tomorrow. I bought a drysuit 2 yrs ago and have yet to use it. I had to send it off to get modifications made last winter and every time we went over to BH last year was when hubby was teaching so he had no time to dive with me to try it out. I did my drysuit cert 7 yrs ago back in CO and haven't dove in a drysuit in over 5 yrs (I was using an instructor's spare that fit me) so I want an experienced dive buddy with me the first couple of dives to get comfortable with this one. Tomorrow looks like the day, finally! We hope to run out to Calif in the next couple of months and this time of year a drysuit is mandatory!!!!
I will take my wetsuit along for backup! :D

Last year I finally paid for an annual permit.... In September! :D

I'll likely do the same thing this year. I have no issue paying for the annual permit, but I like to keep tabs on HOW LONG it takes for them to actually collect their dues! :rofl3:

From my past experiences, they may say that it's difficult to collect dues, but quite the opposite. The bottom line is that their process is very poor. I was there diving four times, all weekend, at least 8 hours a day (maybe 3.5 hours in the water), and they never showed up!

Last year I finally paid for an annual permit.... In September! :D

I'll likely do the same thing this year. I have no issue paying for the annual permit, but I like to keep tabs on HOW LONG it takes for them to actually collect their dues! :rofl3:

From my past experiences, they may say that it's difficult to collect dues, but quite the opposite. The bottom line is that their process is very poor. I was there diving four times, all weekend, at least 8 hours a day (maybe 3.5 hours in the water), and they never showed up!

they do have a big problem with their "Permit Person" showing up and collecting money. I think that will change soon thought when the dive center is done. We are being told it opens July 4th weekend.

On that note --- we did go diving yesterday. Us two, along with a group from UnderwaterConnection (Wasson HS kids doing OW, AOW, and Rescue) and another small group from CO. So it was not crowded.

Stella showed up around noon to see what was going on. She had not received a call from anyone saying they needed her to fill tanks so she didn't even open up. She stopped by to see if maybe people had showed up needing her. We had brought 2 tanks with us so we told her that we were fine so she left. UWC has their own compressor to fill so they didn't need her and the other group didn't say anything so... From what we have been told, as of May Stella will be out of business there. They are bringing in someone else and a new compressor, tank fills will be $10. That is just what we have been told, no confirmation yet.

The Dive Center is much farther along with walls up and piles of insulation laying on the floors inside. I think they may actually fiinish it after all! I will start another post to show pics and tell about my dry diving adventures.

I think I will pay for my annual permit in March. Gawd knows what they are going to do once the dive center opens. I think it maybe prudent to pay now vs. the possibility that they restructure their payment (i.e., change a LOT more). So now, I wonder if I can actually find someone to PAY in March! :D

If I send in for my permit but still don't have anything in hand will I still be ok to dive in March? Is there a way for themn to look up a submitted application?

If I send in for my permit but still don't have anything in hand will I still be ok to dive in March? Is there a way for themn to look up a submitted application?

Yes, supposedly they will write down your name and check to see if you paid. I had this problem last year and they guy just took my word for it as he knew that they hadn't sent all the tags out yet. I would go ahead and buy one though while the price is low. I think once the Center opens all prices will go up!!!!

robin

I would suggest that anyone wanting an annual pass pay for this in the next month or so. I have a feeling once the dive center opens, these will become a LOT more expensive. I would hope that they honor current annual pass holders for the remainder of 2009.

Kevin/anyone, if you have any additional info on fees or BH plans, please let us know. I've heard that Stella is out of there in the April/May timeframe? If that is true, that is a Shame.

Back
Top Bottom