anyone going to ProDive IDC starting March 18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, you'll see my wife and I there tomorrow morning. Hope I make it there in time...

Man, there are things you'd never know about IDC unless you sign up.. first of all, the IDC crewpack is hell expensive, hammering your wallet at just over $400 incl tax. It's also HUGE. 1 crew pack is 1 box. 2 binders (workbook & notorious instructor's manual) that are as thick as a full sized webster's dictionary, 3 books that you'll probably never read, and a bunch of slates for classes. Oh, you also get a PADI backpack that's actually quite decent.

The other thing is.. there are 16 knowledge slammin' reviews you must complete prior to IDC. That's quite alot, especially since I didn't know about it 'till I signed up, and recieved my crewpack a week ago.

Well, anyway, it's going to be 2 weeks of hard work.. and then I'd be certified to do some more hard work! The dive season's just around the corner!

Hi,

I did my IDC in Pro Dive, the training is above board but keep on harassing there customers in to spending money. There main aim to get you to spend all your money shorts time possible.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom