Anyone going to Philly Quarry this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time I had a Lagavulin and cigar was in Charleston at the Grill a couple of years ago. I got a few looks, like they'd never seen a female smoke a cigar. I must admit to smuggling in a few Cubans from time to time, too.

Have you ever dived anywhere in the Smokies? I've heard you can dive the Sinks.

Last time I had a Lagavulin and cigar was in Charleston at the Grill a couple of years ago. I got a few looks, like they'd never seen a female smoke a cigar. I must admit to smuggling in a few Cubans from time to time, too.

Have you ever dived anywhere in the Smokies? I've heard you can dive the Sinks.

I've heard some folks say you can dive the sinks, but I've never tried. Visibility is supposed to be bad, water is cold, and I'm a wuss.

I would NEVER smuggle Cuban cigars! :blinking:

I would NEVER smuggle Cuban cigars! :blinking:

Oh sure. I'll bet. You probably don't pee in your wet suit either. :wink:

Yeah, the quarry is cold enough for me.

I didn't make it out today. How was your class?

Small. Only about 6 divers. Most of the rest will finish up on the 27th. You didn't miss a thing. Vis was about 15 feet at best. The temp was quite warm however.

The good news is my housing did fine. And my manual settings were spot on. Now if I can just get the subject IN THE FRAME. geez....

I had an interesting issue yesterday that you'll want to look out for. I hadn't thought about it before. I'm in Morehead City, NC diving the wrecks. It was raining like crazy yesterday and the boat was ~30 miles offshore, so everything was pretty damp. I switched from my macro lens and port to the 12-24mm and 8" dome. I ended up with moisture inside the dome and all of my pics look like they're out of focus. So pay attention to moisture!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom