Anyone get Shark Diver Mag #10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was over on their website and it says its out. Talks about a stunning centrefold of sharks with lots of sharks etc...

Must say that peaked my interest. Anyone know what the image is?

I don't know the answer to your question but I think I recognize your name from somewhere else. Did you do a photo of a wreck for a recent issue of Alert Diver magazine? If not, you'll have to forgive me because you have the same name as that guy and you do happen to be in a place where there are lots of wrecks.

Mike:

I got the Shark Diver issue today when I returned from PNG. Couldn't make a Yap layover to say "hi"!

The shot is a two page spread of a diver snorkelling with at least 10 (by my count) whale sharks off Holbox, Mexico. It's really a great shot by Luis Sanchez.

I know you wrote an article on photographing sharks for a previous issue of Shark Diver. Do you have a subscription? If not, I can scan the photo and put it up here or email you a copy.

Doug

Thanks for the quick answer guys...

Yes JiveTurkey thats my shot of the Buoy 6 wreck in Palau in the Alert Diver mag, thanks for noticing! Actually, one of my alltime fave shots is also in that issue, two people in silhouette walking down a beach...i do a lot of work with AD actually.

Doug, 10 whale sharks in one shot?!?!? Dang, now that is definitely a shark divers dream! I do get a subscription to the mag, but it goes to my parents in Vancouver....therefore won't see it for a while.
You were just in PNG? Sweet! How was it? Give us a trip report if you can, look forward to seeing the photos on one of these sites we visit...

Back
Top Bottom