Anyone from Western New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi big hunk of clay, Im guessing Grand Island. I Just joined and started looking at old treads for any nearby divers. I've been diving solo for a couple years now. Filming fish.

Just moved back stateside after nearly 12 years abroad. Currently staying with family in the Jamestown NY area as we figure out what is next. Would love to do some diving but our stuff is still in Europe pending shipping. If anyone in the area wants to connect for a beer/dram/wings/etc, shoot me a direct message.

Cheers,
-Z

Zombie thread!

But, seeing as how we are getting to the 2022 dive season, welcome back!

Discover Diving will be starting it's evening Niagara River "drift and dogs" soon. Maybe we WNY'ers can connect. My daughter is back from college for the summer, and we hope to splash a few times for a ride in the River. I have a double hose project I need to complete for her to use.

Safe diving all!

Hey! Where can we dive locally? I'm always looking for a partner and a place to go. Would LOVE to find a clear quarry to take my son to. Thanks.
RU4 in Rochester does a weekly quarry dive in Scottsville (or at least they have in past years) - I haven't been to one yet, but been meaning to check it out. It's a bit of an issue around here - I work in Buffalo, and Discover Diving has a weekly drift dive in the Niagara River that's interesting. We're putting groups of Veterans through certification training in Buffalo, so I am actively looking for other places to dive this year - I have a whole list of places that I am planning on working through this summer. (Glenwood Lake in Medina, Lake Alice in Orleans County, Rushford Lake down in the southern tier, etc.) so you'd be more than welcome to come along, but I can't say if any of them will be any good whatsoever.

I've heard there's a few decent places in the Finger Lakes. Not as sure about Ontario but there has to be some options.

We purchased a house in Jamestown at the end of last July. Been traveling quite a bit between NY and Houston and project sites for my job this past year but I am looking to reduce how much travel I am doing and stay closer to home. I have found my gear among all the moving boxes and would be up for some diving.

As a vet (retired in 2016) and a divemaster, I would be interested in helping with getting fellow vets certified, send me a direct message through the board if you need any extra help.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom