Anyone from Western New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, new to scuba diving. Looking for some people to go with. I live in Depew.
Welcome.
I moved to Jamestown about a year ago. I would love to do some diving. Send me a note if you would like to get together.

-Z

Welcome.
I moved to Jamestown about a year ago. I would love to do some diving. Send me a note if you would like to get together.

-Z
Zef, cant send a direct message yet. I can go whenever you want. I only have my certification dives in. still need some work on my buoyancy. just took a little refresher this past Saturday.

@Zef - any time brother. We put our first group through their OW at Windmill over on the CA side a few weeks ago, and our second group is going up to Alexandria Bay this weekend to get their OW knocked out. Now that we have a few certified, our peer support team will be planning a few outings - hope to include a group for the "treasure hunt" drift dive at Discover on August 21st, not sure what else yet but I can keep you posted. We'll be looking at spinning up another certification class probably over the winter, we're going to run out of time this dive season. Keep an eye on "Veterans One-stop Center of WNY" on Facebook, and I'll try and remember to post here since I can't DM anyone apparently.

@Scuba Steve. any time man.

@Zef - any time brother. We put our first group through their OW at Windmill over on the CA side a few weeks ago, and our second group is going up to Alexandria Bay this weekend to get their OW knocked out. Now that we have a few certified, our peer support team will be planning a few outings - hope to include a group for the "treasure hunt" drift dive at Discover on August 21st, not sure what else yet but I can keep you posted. We'll be looking at spinning up another certification class probably over the winter, we're going to run out of time this dive season. Keep an eye on "Veterans One-stop Center of WNY" on Facebook, and I'll try and remember to post here since I can't DM anyone apparently.

@Scuba Steve. any time man.
Just liked and followed the Veterans One-stop Center of WNY. Would like to chat more about getting involved. I am a PADI DM, PSIA certified alpine ski instructor, ASCA accredited swim coach, paid my way through college years ago as a bike mechanic (among other things), and I have spent countless hours sailing 12ft-42ft boats in Long Island Sound and off the coast of Pensacola Florida. If any of my skills can be of use in any of your programs, please give me a shout....check your inbox for a direct message with my contact info.

If you need help this weekend with your class just let me know, I am available and have everything necessary except for tanks.

-Z

I'm in Lockport. I'm trying to put together a list of local (ish) dive locations. I keep of spots around Rochester, can anyone give those locations please?

Back
Top Bottom