anyone from houston area going to dive comal on 9/30?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
if anyone from the houston area might be making a daytrip on 9/30 to dive the comal river i'm looking for someone to tag along with. i have not dived it before and want to go with someone who has. i live in sugar land. NDH........are you maybe going that day? i wonder if they got any rain over there this weekend.

We got a little here in Central Texas Saturday night, mostly hit Austin. Not enough to make any effect on the lakes and rivers. The Comal is still doable, Infact I may be able to post a report later on conditions and Vis. Got some newly certified Friends who were talking about diving the Comal today (if the cooler weather hasn't made them chicken out.) I dove the Guadalupe yesterday for the Friends Of The Guadalupe River Clean Up. Not too much to report there but a bunch of trash and no vis.

donnad:
if anyone from the houston area might be making a daytrip on 9/30 to dive the comal river i'm looking for someone to tag along with. i have not dived it before and want to go with someone who has. i live in sugar land. NDH........are you maybe going that day? i wonder if they got any rain over there this weekend.

You might consider diving with Trashfest on Oct. 7. Although the dives for this event are confined to a small section for each team, it wil give you a chance to get familiar with the area (above and below) then you can return the next morning and dive the full length. And the river will be as clean as it gets. You'll also get the chance to meet dozens of other divers from the Houston area.

thanks jay diver....i'll check back later and see if you got some info. reefhound, yeah, i knew trashfest was coming up. i haven't been to it, but i was leaning towards going in a small group to dive the comal first............i dunno.......is it crazy crowded, etc.??.......what's it like?

donnad:
thanks jay diver....i'll check back later and see if you got some info. reefhound, yeah, i knew trashfest was coming up. i haven't been to it, but i was leaning towards going in a small group to dive the comal first............i dunno.......is it crazy crowded, etc.??.......what's it like?

The river is not crowded in all, in fact you might very well not see another diver underwater other than a few team members. The first two hours teams are assigned to sections and it's usually only one or two teams in a section that is hundreds of yards long. The last two hours are open section, your team can stay where they are at or try another place. The only spots that might get crowded are the sections by the public exits which is where the most cans are.

still looking for some people from houston area to go dive comal with on 9/30. husband can't go, has to work. i'm pretty busy already on 10/7, so can't make it to trashfest, this saturday is my best shot for awhile. anxious to dive and check out my reg before cooler weather as i'm cold natured and will NOT be donning a 6 or 7 mil suit and diving twin lakes again in the winter! haven't dived the comal before, so want to go with some folks who are familiar with the drill.

hey, it's wednesday now! :) still trying to find people going to dive comal with on saturday. come on, it'll be fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom