Anyone familiar with these drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKH

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any experience with White's Nexus drysuit or Apollo drysuits or OS Systems. Considering one of these and looking for advice :)

Thanks,
Bryan

Well, I went and tried on dry suits today, and it appears that I am going to go with a White's compressed neoprene suit. It fits great and has front zipper. I am told that they stay warm in cold water (which we have here in Puget Sound) and that you need only minimal undergarments. If anyone has any advice to offer shortly, I could use it....
Bryan:confused:

Hi Bryan,
I've got a Brooks neoprene drysuit and a Whites Aqua Pro bi-lam suit. The Brooks suit is warm enough for about 45 minutes(I dive the Hood Canal area when I can) but then I start to get cold. Much past 45 minutes and I need layers of cloths to keep me warm. Neoprene challenges your bouyancy skills as you dive deeper since it compresses.

With the Whites suit, I can layer cloths(well, I use to until I tried a Weezel undergarmet-great stuff!), and the bouyancy deal is not a issue. I had some qc issues with the Whites suit but they took good care of me.

Good luck in your search!

Pete

thanks, i just purchased the nuytpro compressed neoprene suit from whites. i am getting trained with it early next week and am excited to see how it performs.
Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom