Anyone familiar with ScubaPro MK3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2onutz was last seen here on SB 6 years ago... wonder if he was chided into an attempt to maintain his own gear...

h2onutz was last seen here on SB 6 years ago... wonder if he was chided into an attempt to maintain his own gear...

I suspect he was just your typical LDS pom pom pumper, at least until it came to selling his gear when online sales became OK. He is missed.

I have inadvertently acquired one of these. Think it will make a nice pony 1st.

Question, are there two thread standards for HP ports and hoses? An older and a newer?

The HP port used to be 3/8-24. The same size as the LP ports.

You can easily get a 3/8 to 7/16 adapter. VDH has them in stock.

Thanks, I found out VDH has the rebuild kits for them. I will throw a couple in the order, I suspect my older MK-2s and MK-5s uses that size too.

The old Mk 2 did, and the single HP port MK 5 has the 3/8"HP port as well. The later Mk 5 had two HP ports, like the Mk 10, and they are the larger 7/16" size.

The old Mk 2 did, and the single HP port MK 5 has the 3/8"HP port as well. The later Mk 5 had two HP ports, like the Mk 10, and they are the larger 7/16" size.
I have a 2hp port MK5 with the 3/8” ports, 4 LP’s

I have a 2hp port MK5 with the 3/8” ports, 4 LP’s

That's the mid production MK 5. The early ones had 2 LP ports and the later ones had a 5 port turret like the Mk 10. The change in number of HP ports and the change in sizes came along more or less at the same time as the LP port turret changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom