Anyone familiar with Cressi Frog fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cork2win

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know, fins are one of those things you should try on before buying but I didn't. My question is, these particular fins have a black rubber/plastic insert that goes inside the boot area. I'm not sure of the purpose but I'm guessing it's for comfort. Not so comfortable for me, they seem to dig into the tops of my feet. Can these fins be used without this insert? Also, the bottom of the boot section is supposed to extend, I'm assuming to the back of the foot. With the insert in my foot hangs off the end of the boot, with the insert removed my foot fits perfectly. The answer seems obvious to use them without the insert but I'm just curious if anyone knows if the insert plays an integral role in the performance of the fin and should I return it for larger fins or will they be fine without the inserts? Pics, I hope, to explain:

Insert removed from fin:
FrogInsert.jpg

Insert placed inside fin:
FrogInsert2.jpg

My foot in the fin with the insert (foot hangs off back):
FrogBootHangover.jpg

And my foot in the fin without the insert:
FrogBootFit.jpg

I have that exact fin, and I don't use mine with the inserts. So I wouldn't expect them ti be required (I think they are so the fins can fit multiple sizes of feet)

After all its your feet and fins, use what is comfortable for you.

I'm pretty sure those inserts are just to keep the foot pocket from getting crushed during shipping and are not intended to be in there at the same time as your foot. Kind of like the wads of paper in the toe of new shoes.

The inserts are for keeping the shape when you are not using them. Do not use them when diving. I've had a pair for 10 years and like them alot. Enjoy.

DOH! You know, I was searching around last night at different online shops to see if anyone had any information about these darned things and the closer I look at the pictures the more I realize that most of them show the fins without the "insert" so I'm guessing you all are right, that it's just there to hold the boot shape when you're not using them. Who knew? All common sense seems to go out the window with me when I'm looking at scuba gear... I guess I expect it to all be so sophisticated that the obvious goes right over my head. Thanks everyone!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom