Anyone experienced with either Azimuth or Dolphin; advice appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KISS57:
Am I missing somethig about the Castoro Abyss and Explorer? They don't apear on the OMG website and I thought they were just mock ups done by Pawel for Oztek. Did they come from OMG or did Pawel make them himself using OMG parts? If Pawel did make them that is some nice tinkering in the shed mate. Kerry and Dave would no doubt be happy that you followed on from their work.

Why was the Nemesis stoped. It lookd good. Not that you should really go CCR shoping on looks though.
Castoro Abyss or Explorer weren't mockups: they are fully functional units and the fact that I am alive and kicking is the best proof of it . Both units were demonstrated in an 1-hour session at OzTek and anyone could see them oprational close up at OMG/Apollo stand. They were made with cooperation from OMG Italy and there is a prospect that OMG Italy will offer them in the near future. I discussed this project with them even before making the prototypes and I have their full and ongoing support on this project. Currently they are not available yet and hence do not appear on OMG Italy or Apollo web sites. Yes, I am behind the project and I have prototyped and tested the units myself :smash: My main inspiration was mostly from John Volanthen and less so from Dave Sutton and certainly not from Kerry. I was quite impressed that the unit worked well at 80m and for an extended time. This is promissing for a recreational unit rated to 40m or so. The Oxygen addition in Castoro Abyss was totally inspired by Errol's Abyss (hence the name). We spent two days (due to poor weather conditions on a common dive trip) discussing different options. As the result Errol's Abyss features a few nifty improvements too, such as a miniature OPV valve, needle vale environmental protection, etc..). It was also my decision to focus on a small, light-weight rebreather as I feel that this is not well served with the current offerings in the marketplace. I decided to make this a higher priority than Nemesis, which is also, in large part, in my hands. In this area there are many quite good competitive units ranging from Evolution and Prism right up to Ouroboros (and some other nice units in between). The key to low prices is volume. I feel that we can produce and sell Castoro Abyss and Explorer in higher numbers than Nemesis. The production cost of them would be also lower than for Nemesis irrespective of volume as most of the parts are already available. Nemesis is not stopped, but simply still in development without any specific commitment or time for release.

Last, but not least, as Stefan said, our main focus is in military markets. Many products are not revealed to public, but consume most of our time and effort.

Hope this helps,

Pawel
OMG/Apollo Australia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom