Anyone Experience a Broken Rear Dump Valve (OPV) Before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d!z@y

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whilst descending, my rear dump valve on my Mach V broke. Anyone experience tis problem before? This is a 1st time such thing occurred to me. i've encountered all sorts of problem but not tis. it seemed to come from the inner bladder. i dun think i pulled it too hard or something like. Am going back to my local dealer to get it fix if possible or probably have to change a new bladder or wing.

I bought (2) mach v extreme wings from scubatoys a 30lb and a 40lb, both of the rear dump valves broke off the first time i used them. I called oxycheq and they
stated they had a bad batch of dump parts that didn't have the required resin in them and were experiencing this problem. My 30 lb broke off on my first dive with
my 11-year old son on our trip to grand cayman. I broke off the valve on the 40lb
wing testing it in my office.

I think this is a commonly-tested failure in tech diving classes too. Not that it should happen, but you do have to put stress on the part in order to operate it.

a similar incident happened to a fren of mine as well. he had it replaced FOC after 3 weeks of waiting. juz wondering whthr is thr a lifetime warranty on this? did oxycheq sent any recall or safety info on this possible failure?

Back
Top Bottom