anyone ever used planet scuba in koh tao, thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just looking for some feedback on this particular dive center. looking to get some additional certifications. experiences, any kind of input would be cool, thanks.

Yes, I used them on Koh Tao. Connected with them via their Bangkok office near Khaosan. Their rental gear was often in bad shape- had to return several items to get a decent one (I couldn't find the arm hole on one BC because it was shredded). Had a first stage blow out on a 100 ft dive (although it was early enough in the dive we just surfaced to get another. Once they realized I wouldn't take bad gear, they made sure I got the better stuff.

I did enjoy the dive masters I dove with and the equipment was really the only problem I experienced. It was amusing to have to take a check-out dive because the DM (who was half the age of my C-card) didn't recognize an LA County certification and my 39 years of diving at that time.

Dr. Bill

I dove with them once at Koh Tao and they were ok. Smallish operation in comparison to other, the boat is basic and quite small. Their accomodation was so so, ok for a few days diving but I would not want to stay in their accomodation for a long period of time. Never used their rental stuffs but the level of professionalism of the operation is on par with other operators I used.
I generally prefer Bans but it is a large operation, a couple of big boats often with quite a lot of divers but pretty well run. I also happen to prefer Sairee beach location rather than the pier where Planet Scuba is.

Actually some times shanghaidivers club sent divers to planet scuba in khao tao, their feedback are so so. we are still finding the diveshop base in khao tao that can have long-term partnership...

I dive with easy divers in khao tao and nangyuan for two time. if i go back next time. I would choose koh nangyuan again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom