Anyone ever use one of these on their housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daebado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Fantasea LCD magnifier. Looks interesting but I can't seem to find any reviews or much info in general on it.
Fantasea LCD Magnifier UMG-02

For those that have them or tried them, wondering what your thoughts are.
Thanks.

Lots of people use them on their TG4/5/6 and also on the smaller Nauticam housings, like for the G7XII and the RX100 series. They work great.

Lots of people use them on their TG4/5/6 and also on the smaller Nauticam housings, like for the G7XII and the RX100 series. They work great.

Thanks, tursiops. I have a G7XII.

So, I'm trying to figure out; with the round opening, do you hold it right up to your eye? If not, do you at least have to hold it closer to your face? I wouldn't think you could view it at the same distance you would normally view your LCD from or the round opening would cut off some of your rectangular viewing area. Is that correct?

Yes, you need to move your eye closer to it to see the entire screen. Maybe not hard against your eye but pretty close if you really want to see all. The upside is that for those of us with deteriorating eyesight the screen is in focus and appears larger. I can even read the menus and on screen settings. I can't do that without it.

Yes, you need to move your eye closer to it to see the entire screen. Maybe not hard against your eye but pretty close if you really want to see all. The upside is that for those of us with deteriorating eyesight the screen is in focus and appears larger. I can even read the menus and on screen settings. I can't do that without it.

Nice! I've got gauge readers in my mask but I think this would work better. Seems like it would be a benefit topside as well.

Now I just have to figure out what to get next! Strobe, macro lens or LCD magnifier. Little did I know when I got this camera for $10 how much it was really going to cost me!!

Update:
So, I bought the magnifier. Just using it around the house, I really like it! It will be interesting to see how it works underwater as the directions state it is made for underwater use and not to judge it by how it works out of the water.
The one thing I notice is that while not underwater (no mask on), I can hold this thing right up to my eye and get a really good view of everything on the screen. The real test will be when I can (finally) take it diving and see how well I can see the entire screen while wearing a mask.

This Corona virus needs to go away!

Try the SeawiscopeEY, for seeing up close.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom