Anyone ever been in an accident in Bonaire w/o their insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm out a grand but I think it's good news as technically it was my fault despite the person hitting me probably going 3 times the speed limit.

Dave

] Yeah the car held up pretty well and we're lucky my wife wasn't hurt as they hit right on her door. I guess since this is over with I can show you this "25 mph crash". We were probably 6" from going over. We sat up on two wheels for a bit of time before it decided to come back down (or so it seemed). We were in the blue truck obviously.

20160805_174746.jpg 20160805_175512.jpg 20160805_174805.jpg 20160805_175225.jpg 20160805_174821.jpg 20160805_175421.jpg

Can't say i've seen a 25 mph T-bone collision put a 3300+# car on two wheels or skid as far as he did and still have the impact force to do it. I'm fairly confident he was going well over 25 mph at the point he hit me. Remember the speed limit there was 25 plus all that skidding time he had to scrub speed before impact.

Dave

The 25mph figure would be when metal met metal. That's the physics that matter, he could have been doing 26 before a skid, or 126, doesn't matter. He was obviously speeding before hand, but that looks about 25ish IME at the time of impact. I have noticed since I got here yesterday that people are driving more aggressively than last year. Earlier tonight I stopped at the scene of a motorcycle accident, the cops never even showed up, or if they did it was after I left, which was as the patient left in the ambulance, and after most of the witnesses had left.

So same price as last year. Sign up for the Amex insurance program and pay with Amex, declining CDW, and voila. The Amex program gives you primary insurance for no more than $25.
I was in a panic after a local company said my truck would not be available after all and I fly down Friday. The initial CDW coverage that I opted out of on a reservation with Avis ( I always use my Visa CDW coverage but realized it would not cover a "truck") was $11 per day, which I would eat. When I went to add it, the rate jumped to $26 per day and in my opinion, ruined the rental for me. I began looking for 3rd party coverage and could find non to cover a "truck" Low and behold I have a Delta Gold Skymiles card after digging through the fine print I found that will cover a truck under 10,000 lbs as part of my membership at no additional cost.... Phew, trip saved.

Delta sky miles is an Amex card, it excludes trucks. Where do you see that it’s covered?

Delta sky miles is an Amex card, it excludes trucks. Where do you see that it’s covered?

Scroll down to your card:and look for this:

NO COVERAGE IS PROVIDED FOR:
A. All Benefits –
1. A Rental Vehicle which is/are:
a. cargo vans, custom vans, vans with a seating capacity over 8 passengers, cube
van or box truck, or any truck that has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 lbs.
or more;

Most pickup trucks don't exceed 10,000 lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom