Anyone else hooked on Battlestar Galactica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moore has also stated that the plot lines have been evolving and not set in concrete from day 1. The whole Starbuck disappearing and reappearing could have been left out entirely with very little affect. When they 'discovered that they had a problem' it could have been 2 years ago. With the 'Starbuck is #7' solution, this tidies up that loose end.

The evidence so far:

1) Ellen sites a 'missing lab' used to rediscover the resurrection technology and the fact that it still exists. Obviously on Earth or close, where the Final Five used it!

2) Starbuck is hiding the fact that she found her dead self.

3) As far as we know only Cylons resurrect.

4) Starbuck rushed Anders off to surgery as he was getting around to the Daniel topic.

In regards to what Kara Thrace is, remember that she was sent to Cylon-occupied Caprica by the President sent her back there to retrieve the Arrow of Apollo which, according to scripture, would point the way to Earth. This is where she also first met Anders.

While there she was injured and captured by the Cylons and taken to an egg farm where the Cylons hoped to create a human-cylon hybrid. One of her ovaries was removed before she escaped...

RDM has a funny way of adding in twists that you never see coming, which is why I just can't accept Starbuck as #7 for now. Hey, if it turns out that she is #7 great, then it's just me and my overactive imagination working overtime looking for conspiracies where they aren't.

I think her special destiny may yet play itself out, especially after this weeks episode. Remember, this week she was sitting in the bar and asked the bartender when did they get a piano just before Tyrol came in. In the teasers for next week there was a little blonde girl playing a piano and as Starbuck approached and looked at the girls face, she saw her burned up body on Earth.

Ahhh...the suspense of it all.

Last edited:
I am just sort of 'trolling' for other peoples thoughts on where they think things are going with my Starbuck speculation.

However this ends, it is going to be good. With the 6 back in Baltar's head and the reemergence of Hera as being important to the Cylons, we may get answers to most everything in the next 4 weeks.

Interesting point that DG_PNW brought up about the stolen embryos, I had forgotten about that!

This has been a great show. IMO, the best Si-Fi that has ever been offered on TV.

I hope that Caprica continues with the same quality.

Definitely my favorite show on TV...The great thing about it is that when I feel like the show is going to go into the "not as good as the first season" blues (landing on New Caprica or the mutiny on Galactica), a twist occurs that renews my faith in the show (Galactica warping into New Caprica's atmosphere and the whole rest of the mutiny episode).

Of course I don't think there will ever be a redemption for the Boxing episode.

One big mistake this season was not including in the show what happened to Gaeta in 'Face of the Enemy' which was posted as a webisode!

You can watch it for free at: Webisodes | Battlestar Galactica | SCIFI.COM

It explains a lot in regard to his anti-Cylon motivation that drove him to become a mutineer.

One big mistake this season was not including in the show what happened to Gaeta in 'Face of the Enemy' which was posted as a webisode!

You can watch it for free at: Webisodes | Battlestar Galactica | SCIFI.COM

It explains a lot in regard to his anti-Cylon motivation that drove him to become a mutineer.
For those not in the USA, all links to YouTube are in this thread. :)

Just seen Season 4 part 1...wow!

Cant wait for part 2 to come out on DVD

...wow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom