Anyone done Scapa Flow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
As I'm stuck in London, I fancied getting away somewhere relatively near-by for a long-weekend of diving. I've heard a lot about Scapa from wreck enthusiasts and it sounds interesting.
However, I'm finding it all a bit complicated finding the best operators, sights and accommodation (not to mention flights).
After looking at some of the prices offered, it looks like a week long delux livaboard in the Red Sea would be cheaper and less of a fuss to get to!
Anybody with experience of Scapa?

Louie

I've never been to Scapa but went up to the Clyde for the bank holiday last weekend (dark, deep, coldish and sone of the best diving I've every done).

We flew up to Glasgow Prestwick (from Stanstead with Ryanair). Booking a few months in advance you can get return flights for less than £40. Car Hire is also cheapest through the Ryanair website.
If you fancy the Cyle check out Clyde Diving Centre based at Inverkip who were excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom