Anyone done EFR instructor crossover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Figured a bunch of you in this group might be CPR instructors, and was wondering if anyone of you've done the instructor crossover for PADI EFR? I'm currently an AHA BLS instructor, and after recently completing DM figured that I might be able to get more into the dive market, but I'm hoping the crossover isn't too much time or fees. Anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks!

I just wrote the exams and team taught. Signed off by my cd. Only cost me the pic and padi materials... Took a couple of hours because i had already learned the "padi" way.

I was/am an ARC instructor and crossed over to EFR. I did it mainly to teach at a few dive shops around me and to avoid some ARC drama at the time being. I spent a few hours with the EFR instructor trainer going over the materials and the EFR way of teaching things then "taught" a few segments to some of the store staff.

While I'm not familiar with AHA, I'd recommend unless you have a place to teach EFR classes, stay with what you're familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the online crossover 5 or 6 years ago, (I'm also AHA) it was pretty simple. I think it was around $100.

I actually prefer DANs new materials to what they had back then. Never bothered to renew it because I had other courses to use that I liked better. The materials weren't bad, just not the best IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom