Anyone diving today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My network security class was cancelled today, so I thought I would check here to see if anyone was up for a dive from somewhere between Orange county to Ventura county.

I'm not sure what conditions will be like, but thought I'd throw this out there first.

Christian

I dove in Malibu the last 2 days , the vis was pretty bad (5-10 feet). Conditions don't look great anywhere today, there is a strong NW swell and a SW swell. However, even with low vis, I usually enjoy the dives just as much, so I would go to Malibu again, preferable one of the sites closer to santa monica. (I live in Marina del rey).

Scott
310-301-2153

scottfiji:
I dove in Malibu the last 2 days , the vis was pretty bad (5-10 feet). Conditions don't look great anywhere today, there is a strong NW swell and a SW swell. However, even with low vis, I usually enjoy the dives just as much, so I would go to Malibu again, preferable one of the sites closer to santa monica. (I live in Marina del rey).

Scott
310-301-2153
Thanks for the reply, Scott. It was nice talking with you on the phone.

So, for anyone else reading this thread. I've decided that given the low vis and a swell coming from everywhere, I'm going to skip the dive today in favor of using this cloudy day to clean up the garage. Cloudy days are great for doing this kind of thing.

Regards to all!

Christian

Christian - much as i would love to try out my NEW DRYSUIT... today is a day for watching the DODGERS!!!

jennifer

sapphire:
Christian - much as i would love to try out my NEW DRYSUIT... today is a day for watching the DODGERS!!!

jennifer
Hey Jennifer! You finally got it!

You must be dying to go out and try it.

I'm not sure what kind if a difference it makes with buoyancy. Is it something that is completely predictable?
Are you going straight into the ocean with it or are you going to try it out in a pool first?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Oh yeah... and Go Dodgers!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom