Anyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Aimee,

I just need to be back in town around 5pm Sunday. I'ts about a 1-1 1/2hr. drive from CSSP (if that's where you were thinking of going) so I could hang until 3-3:30pm.

I can be there as early as need be.

Let me know if this sounds reasonable.

Jim

I can be there around 2:00 on Sunday. I'm going to chutch in the morning, so I will leave ASAP. I could be there almost any time on Saturday.

Ken

Ok...as it's is now planned. Jim (Seahunt) and myself will be meeting at the sign-in tent at 1100 AM on Sunday.

I'll be driving a white w/ grey/red striped Dodge Dakota that needs a new coat of paint.

Maybe I'll get to play w/ my new wetsuit! whee!!

We had a fun day at CSSP last Sunday. Asta1227, ScubaTexan, SeaHunt, MakoSince70 and myself were able to dive together - a long dive that would have been even longer except Mother Nature had a surprise in store for us. On our return from the other end of the lake we noticed that we were diving in very dark water that should not be dark....cloud cover above us, we thought. MakoSince70 surfaced to see what was going on and was swept down the lake (fortunately toward our camp site and dock) by the wind. However; the rest of us were still waiting below for his return. When we surfaced a couple minutes later, we realized we were in the middle of a very strong thunderstorm complete with a hefty dose of lightning beginning. Compass headings were taken, down we went and were finning doubletime to make it to the dock and a safe exit.

We got up to the campsite to find it a total wreck with everything wet and strewn all over. Nothing to do but thank our lucky stars we were ok and to wait out the storm. We passed the time by getting to know each other better, eating a soggy lunch, sharing dive stories (that should go without saying) and having, in my opinion, a good afternoon despite the weather. Good company, an hour of fun diving - very nice Sunday afternoon for me. Memories were made - no doubt.

SeaHunt and Asta1227 made one dive earlier in the day while I was waiting for MakoSince70 so they actually did get in two dives. I should have made that dive with them when they tried to get me to...LOL...but I decided to get some of the camping gear put away while MakoSince70 was finishing with the class. Lesson learned: DIVE FIRST, CLEAN LATER!! However; ScubaTexan didin't arrive until just before our "group" dive so he was only able to make the one. Therefore; we will all have to do it again sometime.

The picture is grainy and very light because it was still very dark when MakoSince70 took the picture and I did not have my flash .....so I tried to brighten it with the software....which did bring out our faces - you could not see faces at all in original picture. Good thing we don't have a picture of our faces when we surfaced in the pouring rain, thunder and lightning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom