Anyone diving the Quick Draw Twins setup for doubles??..If so,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
how's it working out??---here's a pic, just needing info on the 2 big tanks(no pony attached)........tia......

P1190785twins21front.jpg

Looking at the picture, not sure how this is going to work out. Independent doubles, one gauge for starters.

Looking at the picture, not sure how this is going to work out. Independent doubles, one gauge for starters.

He's got an AI transmitter on the other post. Although the HP hose + console along with both reg hoses are going to be bulging out and snagging everywhere.

Not going to work with a backplate, the center plastic peices curve the "wrong" way like the old bow bands that went on Stab plates. There may be some BCs still accepting that style. All in all its not a technical dive rig.

If you want something along these lines for travelling... Skip the backmounting, get some proper training in sidemount and a sidemount rig. You will need another SPG, and all new hoses. And convert to proper DIN regs while you're at it.

I think the rig is a concave on one end and convex on the other side. So concave side should fit BP just fine.

Hoses should be closer to what you need with standard doubles.

Right now he has both transmitter and SPG on one post and only second stage on left post.

I dive independant twins with a similar DIY attachment system for the two main tanks but no pony.

I suppose (hope) they just put those regs on for the photo op without thinking about the functionality but I still don't know why someone would need to mount a pony if they already have independant twins? It's redundant redundancy.

I'm just reading a book about diving the A. Doria and there are many pictures of manifolded doubles (single outlet) with backmounted ponies (for redundancy) like that. In the book they describe routing the pony second stage LP hose through the manifold so that the reg would fall over the shoulder and not get lost behind the rig.

Dale, on your "similar DIY attachment system", how similar is it to this one-----hard to make??, just curious.....

Here is the setup. 4 cam bands, 1 Hollis STA (with keel weight in it) and 2 triglides (weight belt stoppers):

Picture2004.jpg

On the tanks (the orange webbing is just securing the tanks to the bench):

Picture2001-3.jpg

How I switch tanks between dives.

Picture2001-4.jpg

Here's another set up with a different STA:

Picture129.jpg

and a view from the back:

Picture127.jpg

I use this on trips to dive independent doubles, typically AL80s. Allows me to go deep and long and stay down as long as the girls. Also gets the redundancy without have to carry a pony.

I also dive tech with them locally, using 120’s and a manifold. Never had an issue with them and think they are well worth it. Makes it breaking down your tanks from single-doubles back to doubles easy if you have a modular valve system.

He's got an AI transmitter on the other post. Although the HP hose + console along with both reg hoses are going to be bulging out and snagging everywhere.

Left tank seems to have SPG combo AND transmitter. Right tank only second stage....no?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom