Anyone diving in Monterey this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebrain

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am sort of new to the area and I am looking to go diving this weekend. I am planning on doing the Any Water fun dive on Sunday, but would love to tag along/go diving with somebody any time Saturday and probably Sunday too.

A little about me. I am a junior architect living in Oakland, I am currently working on my rescue dive cert and I have dove in Monterey and the Channel Islands so I am not some tropics diver that you are going to have to babysit/listen to whining about cold water. I am a reasonably competent diver I would say. About the worst diving situation I've had was cutting myself out of some kelp hooked on my tank when the dive instructor dropped up in the middle of a kelp forest.....for our night dive.

I am totally flexible as to dive location and times, shore or boat diving (I know the beachhopper II has some availability this weekend...). I am a recreational diver so I do need to stay within my level of training (so I will bow out of any 200' trimix dives with back, travel, and deco gas...).

Anyway let me know if you're interested. You can contact me here, private message, email (cope07@gmail.com), or I can give you my phone number if you pm/email me

Thanks everybody

P.S. What is the cheapest place to stay in the Monterey area? Last time I did some Motel 6 a few miles out of town for ~$90-110/night. Any better options.

I usually stay at the Lone Oak. It's not the cheapest but it is a "Diver's hotel" with a good rinse facility and sturdy hang bars for drying out gear. It's also close to the bowling alley where you can always grab a beer and not have to worry about driving.

My second choice is usually the Travel Lodge on Fremont
Ask for the divers discount...

I'll second the Travel Lodge on Fremont. Good size room, clean, and inexpensive.

I'll be on Silver Prince on Saturday. They still have 4 spots available. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom