Anyone Diving in Bali for the week of 1/6/19 - 1/15/19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mantra-

I love muck diving although I am not planning to take pictures for this trip. I'll be happy to be the critters spotter if we happen to dive together :).
Where are you staying?
I havent decided where I am going to stay yet, I m trying to in contact with Puri Madha. I stayed with LDR a few years ago, it was too quiet since I am diving solo.

Hi! We are staying in Amed (casa de Amed) because we prefer the accommodation here and the number of restaurants etc and don’t mind the short drive to Tulamben and the macro sites between. Amed is a better base for us because there’s just a bit more to do and some sites at Amed are quite good also. We are diving with a freelance spotter who is amazing with macro in Tulamben.

I can definitely second Puri Madha though! That’s where we stay when in Tulamben. Liberty dive resort just up the road is good too but more expensive and we like to stay in Puri Madha for the convenience in the little hut in front of the pool for the best view Tulamben has to offer I think! If you like muck then Bagung from the dive shop at Puri Madha is really good. The only downside with Puri Madha is the food.

And yeah puri Madha can be a bit flakey with emails. Better to call I think.

Best way to contact puri madha would be by WA (check their website or I can pm you) which will be handled directly by the owner - Wayan tambir. tell him that wisnu referebce for special prices.

They have two swimming pool. The room near the old swimming pool is very close to the dive center and entry to the wreck but can be very noisy during the day.
Their new swimming pool is much nicer and cleaner.

If you are into small critters, ask Bagong as your dive guide, probably he is the best dive guide for small critters. Unfortunately, I could not get him when we were there last week as he had been booked by others.

Best way to contact puri madha would be by WA (check their website or I can pm you) which will be handled directly by the owner - Wayan tambir. tell him that wisnu referebce for special prices.

They have two swimming pool. The room near the old swimming pool is very close to the dive center and entry to the wreck but can be very noisy during the day.

If you are into small critters, ask Bagong as your dive guide, probably he is the best dive guide for small critters. Unfortunately, I could not get him when we were there last week as he had been booked by others.

Thanks for the fact check Wisnu. Yeah bagong not bagung. My bad.

We stayed at Puri Madha and dived with them. not only the best location in Tulamben for diving the wreck and slope (literally their house reef), but also more pocket friendly, very flexible in schedule and locations.
In 5 days we dived the wreck, slope, Drop Off, seraya, melasti, bulakan, boga wreck (kubu), kubu reef, Japanese wreck and pyramid - both in Amed.
Wisnu-

Have you tried their unlimited dive package for $125/day. I would assumed by "unlimited" means unlimited shoredives.

I did send inquiry by whatsapp but no one responded yet, not sure if it went to the wrong number. I double checked it was exactly the phone number stated on the website.

Wisnu-

Have you tried their unlimited dive package for $125/day. I would assumed by "unlimited" means unlimited shoredives.

No, we're getting old now. Prefer to dive to our mood, can be twice but not more than 4x.
Our typical routine, first dive is always early morning diving.
Since I always rent a car, then i use this car for the next dives (7 tanks + a guide) or explore the area, preferably the non touristic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom