Anyone dive Canyon Lake or travis this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul:
OMG diving is so cool and that says a lot from a 49yo... Just got OW in Feb at Comal, advanced at Terrell and Nitrox and now ready for brown water at Windy Point Memorial Day weekend... Saturday-Monday if she can keep up...lol... Have spent hours studying map and was wondering if anyone had any bearings from the entry point to the various treasurers hidden beneath... Also, any and all advice, tips, etc welcome to make this a fun weekend...

Also, how does one become an Official "Texas Swamp Diver?" Got the T-Shirt now just gotta pass the initiation...

They call me Charlie and I live in Tyler...

Welcome to the Swamp Charlie. Ownin a t-shirt aint gonna cut it with this crowd. You're not official until you dive with a swamper. Easy enough to do. Just keep watching the board and join us on a dive.

Mack Diver:
Welcome to the Swamp Charlie. Ownin a t-shirt aint gonna cut it with this crowd. You're not official until you dive with a swamper. Easy enough to do. Just keep watching the board and join us on a dive.

so, any of you "swampers" going to be at CSSP next weekend? I'd like to meet some fellow Texas divers. I'm a 7th gen. Texan but new to diving. I have dove Lake Travis, and BL. CSSP and Balmorhea dives coming up in June and FG in July. Are there really Texas Swamp Diver t-shirts? What do I have to do to get one?

btw, I'm KIDDING! :eyebrow:

Travis was better than expected today, but I had low expectitaions. Alge.......to about 40'. 5' vis little better deeper. The run off is worth it though the lake is full!

I am just relocating to the San Antonio area and would love to join up on some of your future outings. I just made the trip to Lake Medina last weekend with Deep Blue and had a blast, meeting a lot of great divers. A couple of us from that group discussed diving the Comal or Canyon Lake sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Jeff

Yep, there really are Texas Swampdiver shirts. I can't remember the link, but I need it too, so I'll start a new thread to ask someone for the link. Just dive with a Swampdiver, post on SB, and endure the initiation rites. (Don't worry, no animals are harmed during the initiations, nor are there any laws broken that we know of.)

:wink:

okiejeff:
I am just relocating to the San Antonio area and would love to join up on some of your future outings. I just made the trip to Lake Medina last weekend with Deep Blue and had a blast, meeting a lot of great divers. A couple of us from that group discussed diving the Comal or Canyon Lake sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Jeff

Hey Jeff. We'll have to hook up sometime. Angela and I are from San Antonio as well.
We were at Medina yesterday. Viz was over 20'. We're headed back this morning
If you can make it... were in a gold mini-van and will have a blue canopy set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom