Anyone considering buying an EX1 take a look at this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine has a Sealux housing for the EX1 with Fathom port (+buoancy device) and external monitor for sale. The Fathom is unused, the housing for a couple of dives. The price is 5500 Euro (ca. 6700-6800 Dollar). I hosted some imgaes here:

New album :: Underwater Videography

It is "Michael's package"

I own the Ex1 and the Sealux too. I am very pleased with it. For the FX7 housinbg I wrote a review on wetpixel, the EX1 housing has the same technology.

Hey Dixter

Had no issues with putting the nanoflash in. Gates do a very nice bracket which does the job perfectly. It does get very hot though and battery time is limited so it means leaving it till the last second before opening the housing up and connecting the power. I always do a chcek to make sure its recording to the CF cards as well. FCP used for the edit which Chris Tan did for our local Sony supplier to show off their new big screens.

Are you using the Swit batteries? We have been using the Nano's for some 3-D and they do get extremely HOT in the housing. Have you had any data loss issues? I just did some time lapse with it the other day which is pretty cool! We also check to make sure everything is recording ok. Great set up and stunning footage!

I'm using the SWIT batteries, but I read on a DVInfo forum that you can get a good 3.5hrs out of them. We had to buy everything in a bit of a rush for a shoot so we stuck with the regular batts. I did have a problem on one dive when I left the Nanoflash on standby for over an hour - it got really hot and the port steamed up shortly after jumping in. I'm pretty obsessive about only turning it on just before the dive now. Haven't had any issues with loss so far, touch wood! I'd be interested to see the timelapse if it's underwater...

Very nice video Roger. The Nanoflash makes a huge difference, even with an already amazing set up. You will enjoy it!

For diving, I definitely prefer liveaboards, but I'm looking for a nice luxurious land based place. Need to balance out the diving with non diving stuff for my girlfriend.

Try the Little Cayman Beach Resort. Very nice place with incredible food and diving. Not a lot of nightlife or shopping but a great place to relax. Rooms are 5*.

Alos, for next year, you should go with us to Cocos if you haven't already been. Steve Douglas is leading that trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom