anyone build a Drysuit Drier??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at a LDS and saw a DIY Drysuit drier.. Has anyone here every made one?? What do you need?? is 1.5" PVC ok??

Firediver:
I was at a LDS and saw a DIY Drysuit drier.. Has anyone here every made one?? What do you need?? is 1.5" PVC ok??

Try this link shows you how to make one with pvc.CLICK HERE

padivers:
Try this link shows you how to make one with pvc.CLICK HERE

I made a variation of this. Using the same blower, I made a simple H frame out of 1" pvc. I only glued a few pieces for stability, left the rest unglued. It tears down quickly and simply for travelling and takes up very little space.

The height is just enough to allow the suit full extension, so it fits inside the low ceilings that some motels have. Since I elected not to use a base for it to stand on it's own, I just lean it against the wall slightly.

Works fantastic and the suit is dry in a matter of hours. The blower is quiet enough so as to not disturb you while you're sleeping so I usually just let it run all night.

Back
Top Bottom