anyone been to Iberostar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waldick

Reaction score
we will be going to Coz shortly and are scheduled to stay at the Iberostar, i was wondering if anyone has stayed there and any comments about the place...wife and two kids (12 & 14) are going too....

thanks...

juergen

checked other threads and now i hope that the matter of outside dive service pick-up has been cleared up, because we signed up with one of the the off site companies...

Juergen,

I have stayed there three times in the past few years. This has been due to the nondiving status of 2 of my 3 children. My youngest is 16 and she had a great time. The staff has been consistantly good for activites. We usually use Funjet as a source due to the lower prices. However, this March we will be going back and stay at the Occidental Grand. The price was lower for us and we wanted to try something else. My wife likes the beach on these Southern AI's.

There has been a somewhat noticeable decline in the room quality in the last years.

dnhill

waldick:
we will be going to Coz shortly and are scheduled to stay at the Iberostar, i was wondering if anyone has stayed there and any comments about the place...wife and two kids (12 & 14) are going too....

QUOTE]
I have stayed as a guest and worked in Iberostar. Has the best AI food on the island. Also the kids should be entertained with activities throughout the day if they choose to participate. The grounds are very pretty, and there is a nightly show and disco club that can be pretty happening in the high season. It is located in the south, so you don't have a long boat trip to your dive destinations, but if you want to head into town the cab ride is about $18-20.

My wife and I have been there three time. We love it. Great food. Entertainment for the kids. Great, friendly staff. We'll be there again next week.

V

We have stayed there, Very nice grounds and great service. Only thing, dont leave you clothes on the ledge outside your room. Local Spider monkeys were seen wearing my swim trunks the next day!

This year will be our 3rd time at the Iberostar. The food is good, though gets a little tedious in the 2nd week. The beds are typical of Coz, a little on the hard side. You can request a mattress foam pad from the front desk which helps. The rooms are quaint with their hammock on the front porch. The resort as a whole is very well groomed, and the cleaning staff does a very good job. The room fridge is well stocked every day. We did hear that they were hasseling the off site dive ops, but Cristi has assured us that, in her case, it has been settled. I have to say, that I was a little put off last year by the " guard" on the dock insisting that I not snorkel or swim past the white bouyed area. Understandably, they are conserned with law suits possibly stemming from boat/swimmer accidents. But, to be quite honest, I never did go out far past the bouys, for it to become a hazzard to my health, not to mention, timing it so the boats had just left. Not likely to return before the hour at least.
Be that as it may, we will be returning at the end of January of 2005 and diving with Cristy. We are looking forward to some top notch diving with her and her crew. We have previously dived with Dressel ( the on site for the Iberostar)and yes, they are a bit of a cattle boat op. We dived with Dive with Martin and had a wonderful experience with them and last year we tried Papa Hogs. They also were very good, but tended to stick to the "45 min down , out of air or not" therey. I have to say, I resented coming topside with 1300 still in the tank.
So, there are my thoughts on the Iberostar and dive ops that I am familiar with. Hope it helps somewhat. I didn't want to elaborate in too much detail here. If you wish more detail just pm me.
Cindy

We've been to the Iberostar 2 out of the last 3 years. My non-diving family really enjoys it, as do I. Unfortunately, their dive operator (Dressel Divers) is horrible. I have always used Blue Angel and they will pick you up right at the dock. 10 minute boat ride and then you're wet.

Have fun!

Stayed there two years ago. Dove with Papa Hogs. At that time, no problem being picked up by other ops, but if water is rough, you may face a cab ride. Food was good, room was nice, lots of activities. Like most of the resorts, the bottom just off the beach is rough, would suggest some type of foot wear for swimming/wading.

Also when we used Papa Hogs, the DM allowed us to stay till 750 psi. As you reached that, you and your buddy headed for safety stop together.

JamieP3

Back
Top Bottom