Anyone been diving with Neptune's diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Push

New
Reaction score
Seems pretty professional, but what about after dive social life? I'm traveling alone looking for internships.

Dan

I have been looking for someone's opinion about that place too. The internships look pretty amazing and I think price-wise its good (considering you get a whole new set of equipment and cost of living is quite low) but what you actually do during the internship isnt too detailed on their website. I suggest calling them!!

I was to go and do an internship in Cancun which did not pan out for me, after traveling a bit around mexico and DR, I came back to finish my course, Neptunes had been very nice and helpful and decided to stay with them.

The dive center is nothing like your typical dive shop I have ever seen it is definately more like a school, very little retail, the hotel is amazing and the trips are well organized, they better be as the interns are responsible for the day trips. BTW I thought it would be free labor, but once you get dive master your given compensation for the work, which is the same amount as the staff so its nice.

Manzanillo is not a crazy place so if your looking for the wild side or the decadent crazed sexual/tourism adventures better go to thailand (next stop for me). There is a ton to do after your training and as the staff is always making trips to other places, the interns go so it always becomes like a field trip, I have learned so much on these trips and So your never bored.

The downside to this place is there could be more nightlife but hell we are here to become dive professionals, the people are really nice, all the guys have girlfriends within a week of being here. There is evidently something appealing to the local ladies if your a foreigner. Well, the truth is I recommend this place, the training is amazing a bit overwhelming at times but I think worth it.

PM if you have any questions. good luck with your search.

i ve never been to neptunes or manzanillo so im not going to comment too much but i do know plenty of interns, plenty, who were not so enthusiastic as dwnunder in their writeup..... maybe management has changed and things are good but all heard was bad comments on their intern programs.
my advise, try not to pay until you know what your in for

Back
Top Bottom