Anyone been Diving in Cancun Lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverSteph

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Myself and my bf are going to cancun in 2 weeks . We have booked 3 days of diving with Manta divers. I was wondering if anyone has dived with them before and how are the reefs there since Wilma?

You don't say what type of diving but, Cancun is fine, all systems go. Cozumel took the direct hit from Wilma. Manta has a new mid-island shop and has as good a reputation as any outfit on the Maya. Safe trip... and go fully insured (DAN supliment insurance is cheap, and almost manditory, for serious injury medical treatment.

Thanks.....we are doing a 2 tank in Cancun, 2 tank in cozumel and 2 in the cenotes. It should be fun.

I just got back from Cancun. Lots of reef damage from Wilma. I was told the biggest damage was caused by draperies from the hotela zone that were blown onto the reefs and ruined alot of coral. Hotel rooms were literally blown apart by Wilma with everything from beds to TV sets ending up in the ocean. The reefs we dove on had lots of coral rolling around on the sea floor back and forth with the surge, sad. Cozumel was much better with little damage especially on the deeper dives. The cenotes are a must! We dove with Scuba Cancun, almost across the road from Manta. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom