Anyone been diving Alor [land based]?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kilili

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
All the usual questions about such. Considering Oct, as will be in Ambon, Sulawesi, Bali. I've worked out logistics on how to get there, but other info [sans marketing propoganda] is scarce.

All the usual questions about such. Considering Oct, as will be in Ambon, Sulawesi, Bali. I've worked out logistics on how to get there, but other info [sans marketing propoganda] is scarce.

Hello Kilili, there is a recent thread in the Indo forum that includes some info I posted on my trip to Alor in 08' titled: "Alor; Wakatobi or Kri Eco Resort". I spent a lot of time researching the place and had a great trip. I would rate it as at least as good as Ambon, where I was in 07'. -Andy

Hi Killili

flight to Alor is via kupang, everyday or almost every day (see web site transnusa.co.id ) and Kupang has 2 daily flight to Bali ( merpati and garuda) and 4 daily flights to Jakarta via surabaya ( mandala, lion, batavia and sriwijaya). connecting is better with mandala has they work together. operators in Alor can organize all of this for you.

have nice diving.

gilles from alor-divers

We spent a week at alor-divers a couple of years ago. Very pristine diving, beautiful walls, weird critters, huge schools of dolphins, whales... The resort is simple but very well laid out considering the remoteness. Would go back without any questions :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom