Anyone at breakwater on Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how was the class Robin?

We had a great time. We didn't actually do our first dive until noon. The first dive was with the camera rigging but no camera and no batteries. Instead he put tissue in there to make sure he didn't mess up on how to seal it. Probably a good thing because he found a problem in how he was routing and it got caught up in his reg hose. Seals worked though so it was just a minor thing.

Second dive we got out to the Metridium field and he got a bunch of shots. Unfortunately he had screwed around with the camera so much at home that the battery died half way though the dive. Because Murphy's Law loves to beat us around when we surfaced we were about 10-30 feet away from three sea lions/harbor seals (sorry w/o my glasses I couldn't see them well enough to identify them). I have to say that the long arse surface swim is well worth it.

BTW does anyone have a map of the "pipe" in relation to the field? The first dive we went out along some smaller broken pipes and on the way back found the large pipe and followed that back in. On the second dive we seemed to have missed the pipe completely even though we ended up on the west side of the pump house (with some nice kelp formations between us and the shore of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom