Anybody used Mares Tropic fullsuit before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chongming

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I am about to buy my first full suit wetsuit. Yeah...after I cut my butt while watching out for those really big groupers at Pulau Payar (off Langkawi island, Malaysia).

The local store here is selling the Mares Tropic fullsuit for US$108. You know that grey and yellow suit with some rubberised material on the torso.

Can anybody give some comment on the Mares, or better still recommend me some brands. I'm diving in tropical waters and damn its hot here in Malaysia.

Thank you, gracias, spaciba...etc..

Mares Tropic is mend for diving in warm water, so I think you got a good pick. When I bought my wetsuit, I did tried on mares tropic. And glad to tell you that it was one of the suit sthat I find it more comfortable to wear. And of course, mares is known for its nice designs too.
However, I did find another full wetsuit which fit me just as well, and cost much lower.

1.5 mm to 3mm is fine for diving in places like malaysia.

I worn mares wetsuits a few times, and I would say it is good.

Important thing is whatever wetsuit you buy, it must fit you. e.g. sligthly tight fitting, the suit should wrap around your body etc. The peple at the shop will know exatly what to look out for.
Hope you have a better picture now.

Cheers!

I have the short sleeves version, both a new one and another from 2 years ago. iThey mproved it greatly. the seals are very good, and though it is short sleeved, it feels like a semy dry suit.

My feelings toward the full version though are not to good- since the seals are so good and you dive in warm water, why not feel the water flowing on your arms and legs?

One more thing about mares suits to consider-These are great suits, with good design, and very comfortable-BUT- they are so comfortable becouse they use a relatively soft kind of neoprene that is not to durable. meaning- that it won't last to many dives (after 50 it will feel completly different, after 100 it will even get a bit ripped), aspecialy if you use it when searching for groupers in rocks, that tear the suit.

Back
Top Bottom