anybody use the XS HP (3442) galvanized steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a sherwood HP120. I have nothing but good things to say. Less lead than AL80 more gas etc....

I have a set doubled up, X7-100's. It's nice dropping lead and getting more air. The only drawback is that many shops won't take the time to give them a higher pressure fill to make up for the cooling pressure drop.

how long will a set of double 100's get you? i think these will have to be added to my list of must haves here in the future!

Some dive boats don't fill above 3000psi (note to divers from elsewhere, some of the California dive charters don't provide tanks, or charge extra). If you get 100cf, you still have 10% more air at 3000psi than those diving 80cf aluminums, and 5-6 pounds less lead on your belt.

in LA only about 1/4 of the boats can fill higher that 3000. even with the 80 you have nearly 70cf of air. that is plenty for me...

Do a search for Worthington, the maker of those tanks. They are a favorite tank of many, just like Pressed Steel (PST). I have the HP-80 and HP-100. ASDs (Air Sucking Dogs) will like the HP-100 a lot. Me, I can do 2 dives on that tank. The HP-80 is an excellent little tank. Do yourself a favor, remove the donut in the valve and convert it to DIN.

Vicente:
Do yourself a favor, remove the donut in the valve and convert it to DIN.

... then i will have to change my 1st stage and i don't really know what is involved with that?

Time for a new reg set. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom