Anybody up for a boat dive this Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hemlon and I were thinking of going out with Buba Dives this Saturday morning on Travis. I haven't heard back from him yet about availability, but we thought it would be fun to get a group of Swampers together for the dives.

Shawn (Buba) will take us out just about wherever we want to go...Starnes Island, the walls under Tom Hughes Park or the Oasis, the old SCUBA Park, etc. It'll be a two tank dive. We hope to start early (8:30 or 9:00). Divers bring all of their own gear, including tanks. $30/person if we don't fill the boat...or $120 if we charter the whole thing.

I dove both Saturday and Sunday out at Travis this weekend. Over at the dam the vis was excellent below 25'. It continued to improve until I hit 160' where it completely cleared to at least as far as my 10w OMS Phantom would reach out. I turned at 164', so I'm not sure how far down that vis continued. This was right next to the dam. I understand it wasn't quite as good (but still great) the farther away you got from Mansfield.

Dove the old SCUBA Park Sunday. Vis was good, but definitely not as good as the day before near Masfield, but I didn't exceed 70' either.

If you're up for the boat dive this Saturday either PM me or reply to the post. It would be great if we can get a bunch of Swampers out there! --JohnA

Looks like Shawn (Buba Dives) is a go. We have two definites and two maybes. Anyone else? There's a lot of water out in that lake and a lot more to see than a few strategically placed "wrecks," a handful of dive platforms and an old car or two. ;-)

Come on! Let's go diving!!!!

k-valve:
Looks like Shawn (Buba Dives) is a go. We have two definites and two maybes. Anyone else? There's a lot of water out in that lake and a lot more to see than a few strategically placed "wrecks," a handful of dive platforms and an old car or two. ;-)

Come on! Let's go diving!!!!

Is there room for 2 divers with scooters?

Dave

Sure...we don't care how ya get around down there. We just want to go diving! :D

John
I just got off the phone with Shawn/Bubba and locked in 2 seats . He said only possible snafu is if he can not get a babysitter this saturday. He will know for certain
this afternoon. The Oasisis wall & Tom Hughes wall should be some great dives with the vis running 20-25'.

Dave

Teknadv3x:
John
I just got off the phone with Shawn/Bubba and locked in 2 seats . He said only possible snafu is if he can not get a babysitter this saturday. He will know for certain
this afternoon. The Oasisis wall & Tom Hughes wall should be some great dives with the vis running 20-25'.

Great! That makes four of us for sure. Sounds like we just need two more and I know of at least four others who are thinking of going so we should have a full boat!

I'm sure Shawn will find a babysitter. If he's having trouble I'll find one for him! :D

We're a go. Shawn found his babysitter and we have at least 5 people committed to the dive. We can take one more in the morning and Shawn said he'd be happy to make another trip out after that if there are more than the 6 it takes to fill the boat on the first trip.

We have a full boat! If anyone would like to run a second trip out a little later let me know. Shawn (Buba Dives) is willing to make a second trip out on Saturday if we get some more folks interested. I'll get a firm time for the second trip after I see him this evening.

Back
Top Bottom