Anybody tried the Oceanic Delta 4 yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I don't think its out yet, but LDS owner saw it at DEMA and said it looked great. I'm replacing my 10+ year old Sherwood Oasis this year so this is a candidate. Just wondering if anybody had a chance to try it out yet?

It’s not out yet. I agree that it looks great, sort of a combination of Mares and Atomic Aquatic designs.

It has not yet been released. It does kinda embody the MR22, and also has a feature on the yoke that prevent water from getting into the first stage. Also the port angling will be alot better than the delta 3. Downside? It still uses a mechanical balancing system like the delta 3 as opposed to the like of Apeks or Scubapro whcich both use pneumatic balancing. End result? Not quite as good breathing at depth. I am sure that you have been to the site already... http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_regulators_delta4.html

rescuediver009:
...and also has a feature on the yoke that prevent water from getting into the first stage.[/url]
That feature looks very interesting to me, though I'd be interested to know whether that creates a possible safety issue or an additional failure point. I'd be nice to be able to soak the entire regulator w/o regard to getting water in the first stage or shlepping around an attached tank.

It is likely some kind of mini seat that only opens under at least so many psi and not water. This I think would mostly benefit salt water divers.

rescuediver009:
It has not yet been released. It does kinda embody the MR22, and also has a feature on the yoke that prevent water from getting into the first stage. Also the port angling will be alot better than the delta 3. Downside? It still uses a mechanical balancing system like the delta 3 as opposed to the like of Apeks or Scubapro whcich both use pneumatic balancing. End result? Not quite as good breathing at depth. I am sure that you have been to the site already... http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_regulators_delta4.html

Actually I didn't notice that the first stage is mechanically balanced, thanks for pointing that out. The thing that got me interested in this rig was the tests that showed it outperforming everybody else in terms of air flow. I'm not sure where I saw that, but it looked good. Also the price point versus the Scubapro is nice, looks like about $100 - $150 less.

I thought it used a pneumatic pilot/servo valve for assist like the Omega? N

Thanks for the info, I was confusing it with the Zeta which is a servo type, sorry about that. N

rescuediver009:
Downside? It still uses a mechanical balancing system like the delta 3 as opposed to the like of Apeks or Scubapro whcich both use pneumatic balancing. End result? Not quite as good breathing at depth.]

OK, so it is mechanically balanced like a Kirby Morgan rather than pneumatically balanced like Scubapro & Apeks. What do Scubapro and Apeks know that Kirby Morgan doesn't? Actually, I thought the same thing until I found the Kirby Morgan schematics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom