Anybody planning on staying at Plaza Las Glorias

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
starting at the end Aug.... I saw this posted on the D2D board.

Palace Resort group bought it from the Sidek group about 2 weeks ago. Palace, among other properties, owns the Sun & Moon properties of that name over on the mainland. While I haven't yet been able to penetrate their specific plans for PLG, I'd very much expect it to be along those lines--an upscale AI. I do know that the renovations will be major.

The place is due to be closed from ~Aug 30 to ~Dec 23, '04, but factor in island time & Mexican efficiency when making plans.

PLG was operating in bankruptcy in 2002. I don't know if they were bought out in 2003 or if they continued in bankruptcy that whole year too.

It's great to know Palace Resorts bought them.
Cancun has the and Sun and Beach Palace, with some rooms offering Jacuzzi suites in each place.The Moon Palace is between Cancun and Playa. All nice resorts.
It would be great to have these upgrades at PLG.

Thanks for the update. I'll be there in 11 days!

I would add that use of the dock at PLG/Palace during renovations is looking rather unlikely at the moment. The onsite Aqua Safari will be shutting down & just working out of the downtown location. All indications now are that it will remain the property dive op after re-opening. I'm also predicting that other ops in good standing will again be allowed to pick up there.

Long as we're on the topic, insider whispers are that Bill Horn is in discussions with Palace over perhaps providing dive services over on the mainland. I'd estimate that Palace controls 4,000-4,500 rooms between Cancun & Puerto Aventuras. That would be sweet for AS.

Please, don't quote me on anything--this is Mexico.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom