Anybody ordered from Performance Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MerlinDV

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking or ordering a wetsuit from these guys. Any comments?

Also, they have Performance 3MM shorty's. Any comments on these?

Thanks,

Merlin

Merlin,I've had good experiences with Performance.Can't help on the suit tho. Good Luck

Is the wetsuit their brand? Thats what confuses me a bit, and makes me a bit concerned about the quality.

Glad to hear the company is good though.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Merlin

Hi,
I'm looking for the best online place to buy a wetsuit. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Merlin

MerlinDV,

I have bought things from Performance and have been happy with their goods and policies. But, I have never bought a wet suit from them.

If you are not too far from a dive shop, I recommend that you start there--for one reason: fit. Different brands have different sizes and shapes. Also, knowledgealbe sales people should be able to help you with fit. Some people will not be able to use off-the-rack suits. For example, Barbara has longer arms and legs than some brands provide for--so she has to have extensions sewn on--i.e., a custom suit for those brands.

Joewr

Hi Merlin

My wife bought a Performance 3mm fullsuit a few years ago. I got her an O'Neill 3mm fullsuit as a replacement last week. She has commented on the better fit and feel of the O'Neill verses the Performance. Big difference.

I guess in wetsuits as in all things in life, you get what you pay for.

Thanks, Ken

I buy things my local shop doesn't carry from Performance... I've bought a Citizen Aqualand, bathing suits, chammy jackets etc. from 'em.
I wouldn't buy a wetsuit there, though. If you really want to avoid your local scuba shop and buy a wetsuit "on line" I recommend one of the custom shops like Liquidfit where you can get quality and fit.
Rick

Rick is right - there is no way you can get a good fit in a suit bought online - I have noticed that there are differences between suits in the same size and model, you really have to try it on to get the one that fits you right...
Other than that - I also get bits and pieces from online shops - but I prefer to get my regs from the peopl who will service them and fill my tanks...

just my 2¢
Terkel

I bought a 3mm Performance shorty from them just a couple of weeks ago for my daughter. It was one of their close out models for $30.00. With shipping it cost me $36.00 for a perfectly good 3mm shorty with skin-in seals at all of the openings.

I don't expect this suit to last forever, but I'm certain my daughter will get the $36.00 out of it.

However, fit is important and you will always take a risk in ordering garments on-line. Performance did have a form for returns. Check into their policy if you suspect that it may not fit all that well.

We bought a couple of their Chamois warmups and I could swim in the Large. Sent it back for exchange to Medium and there was no problem. Also got a pair of shorts that just did not meet my expectations: I sent them back and got my refund.

This was last year around Christmas and I suspect their policies have not changed. But it would not hurt to check. I once had a boss who said, "Assumption is the mother of all screwups." Actually, he used a slightly different word, but I am not from Generation X and, so, I don't say such things on the net.

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom