Anybody Monterey shore diving on Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for folks who are going out on Sunday that don't mind an extra tagging along; if not, probably seeing if the boats have space.

Thanks, -- David

I will have my Boston Whaler in Monterey on Sunday and I currently need a passenger. We can do something as simple as Otter, Lovers, Aquarium, or if weather permits run to Carmel. I can take one additional diver as well. If interested, call me or email me at:
ginkoboyd@yahoo.com
707-280-2128

Steve

Thanks for the offer; truthfully, i'm lacking in a bunch of safety equipment I'd want to have before considering diving from a small boat, which I haven't done before. (I'm also contemplating just how hard getting back *in* a Boston Whaler would be with all my equipment on!!) So I think I'll pass for this weekend, but thanks again for the offer.

No problem David, but to ease your concerns, the boat has a ladder and step that is not quite what the charter boats have but it works fine and is rated at 400 lbs.

Usually the way I do it is pull off my tank and bc before climbing the ladder at the stern. I have lots of lines with clips to attach gear to. In the end it equals out because you're lugging gear to and from the boat instead of to and from the car to the beach, etc.

Steve

I will have my Boston Whaler in Monterey on Sunday and I currently need a passenger. We can do something as simple as Otter, Lovers, Aquarium, or if weather permits run to Carmel. I can take one additional diver as well. If interested, call me or email me at:
ginkoboyd@yahoo.com
707-280-2128

Steve
Blewgrass,
I'd love to join you Sunday for a boat dive if the offer is still open. I'm sending you an e-mail at ginkoboyd@yahoo.com

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom