Question Anybody know the PIN for a DiveNav DCBuddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No more ideas ... it seems you have now new "paperweight" on your desk :wink:
LOL. it is not even heavy enough to be a decent paperweight!
It still works fine to put my OC1 into DivePal....it is just that once they are in DivePal they are there forever...no way to get them out.
What I can find in the DivePal cache on my phone is a binary file that is some data from the OC1. I don't know what to do with it.

If you want you can send me the DivePal file and I'll have a look. I have an import function in Diving Log for the DivePal desktop logbook file, maybe it works also for the Android file.
There is a non-working* export function in DivePal for the *.bin file on the android. I that houw you populate your desktop logbook?

* it is not working because it requires logging into the DiveNav website, which no longer exists.

I don't know how their synchronization worked between Android and Windows, but I guess it was via cloud. You can still try to extract the local cache from the Android device by connecting it to a PC. My import function works with .dvnl files, which was the local cache on Windows.
That is my understanding too. DivePal sent their *.bin to their cloud, and returned a *.dvnl fle, readable on a PC. Without reverse engineering their entire process, I see no way to ue my *.bin files.

Back
Top Bottom