Anybody here ever....Snowboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm off in 9 days to hit the slopes- personally I would rather be diving, but snowboarding is fun- this is my fourth year, but I lived in Florida before moving, so have only managed one trip each year. I'm not very good, but I definately improved a little last year after having an intermediate lesson which gave me some good hints on my stance- really made a difference to board control. Actually I should get out my board and grind the edges ready to pack...

so off to the Pyrenees- Valdezere (spelling?) ?- I had a friend last season who was boarding beyond his capabilities and broke both of his wrists !!! he was a single guy- so he was none too happy for the six months they took to heal :wink:

pray for snow.....

munkispank:
so off to the Pyrenees- Valdezere (spelling?) ?- I had a friend last season who was boarding beyond his capabilities and broke both of his wrists !!! he was a single guy- so he was none too happy for the six months they took to heal :wink:....

i'll bet! i'll be wearing wrist guards, so will make sure to take care !!!

sharkdiver- will definitly let u know how the lessons go :wink:

SF

hey Munkispank.... which slopes man? Poor guy, but that's what happens when you ride beyond your abilities (and forget to fist and curl)....

been praying for snow ever since I moved to TX..... not working yet... send us pics of some air when you come back

i'm heading to Utah- they just got another 16 inches of snow today- yay!!

I will post pics when I get back- I doubt that I will manage much air though!!! Liek I said- I am really not that good.

Wear a helmet, a tip from a fellow snowboarding newbie. I fell backwards really hard on a flat part, it was icy. My instructor said the helmet stopped me from getting a concussion, I believe him. It may not be cool, but brain trauma isn’t either.

Helmets all the way....

I heard Whistler was icy, and I won't go to Alberta after seeing Jumanji.... Park City is where it's at! I saw this AWESOME snowboard video when some hoo-hah's snuck into Deer Valley (they yuppie gross stockbroker skiier only resort), and ripped it up! and then they had this awesome footage of the ski patrol trying to catch them to no avail.... yeah, they got kicked out... but it was still funny!!

I heard Whistler was icy, and I won't go to Alberta after seeing Jumanji.... Park City is where it's at!

Yep, helmet, helmet, helmet

Whistler can be icy if it's been a warm winter.... but why not Alberta? I can't remember Jumanji.... Park City.... no way I go where they have ski only places.... descrimination!!!!

ScubaFreak:
Oh to live where i could board regularly.... i suppose Scotland is an option...

Ah yes Scotland...fabulous country, lovely people. :wink:

Have been snowboarding once, on a dry slope. Ended up going down the slope head first. I have the coordination of a dead monkey!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

NauticalbutNice:
Ah yes Scotland...fabulous country, lovely people. :wink:

Have been snowboarding once, on a dry slope. Ended up going down the slope head first. I have the coordination of a dead monkey!

that would have been a site :D coordination of a dead monkey? bet ur a great dancer :dazzler1:

Problem with spain is that nobody speaks english, at least I could understand the scottish....

actually....maybe not... :11ztongue

ScubaFreak:
that would have been a site :D coordination of a dead monkey? bet ur a great dancer

Problem with spain is that nobody speaks english, at least I could understand the scottish....

actually....maybe not...

Whit a cheek! Yer havering! Neist tid ah see you, you're gubbed :wink: .

Or (as Robert the Bruce once said) Awa' and bile yer heid!

McNaucticalbutnice :fruit:

(Translation: What a cheek! You're talking rubbish! Next time I see you, your dead. Away and boil your head. Pretty much means get lost...in the nicest possible terms of course Scubafreak :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom