Anybody heard of this mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilti

Reaction score
I have a friend, who doesn't dive anymore, but during conversations about some of our different experiences he told me that he used to own a mask which displayed depth and compass bearing in the glass lower than his line of sight. All he had to do was look down in the mask to get the information, and as I understood it, whatever direction he looked was his compass bearing. I haven't really thought to research if and where they are available and am wondering if anyone else has heard of, or uses these masks.

hilti:
I have a friend, who doesn't dive anymore, but during conversations about some of our different experiences he told me that he used to own a mask which displayed depth and compass bearing in the glass lower than his line of sight. All he had to do was look down in the mask to get the information, and as I understood it, whatever direction he looked was his compass bearing. I haven't really thought to research if and where they are available and am wondering if anyone else has heard of, or uses these masks.
It doesn't sound the same, but Oceanic is getting ready to release an air integrated mask with your computer info in the lower eyesite( Navy is using it now). I'm looking forward to it:D

I see.... thanks for the info.
LCD display as in, air fighter's wind shield, in automobile and maybe in the future like those in the terminator movies....

Oceanic "Head Up Display (HUD)":

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=41686
p_computers_hud_view2.jpg

p_computers_hud_inuse22.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom