Anybody heard of "Nitek" tanks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not the computer, but steel tanks. Considering an ebay listing for a HP120 Nitek tank and can't find any info. Thanks!

Hi Runway 1,
I haven't heard of them either.
I tried to do a search, but also came up with nothing. It looks like it's a standard HP steel cylinder that someone put a decal on. Your best bet would be to send the seller a question asking for all the engraved markings around the cylinder neck. One of these should be the manufacturer.
Hope this helps.
Take care,
George

Hmm, never heard of them in 30 years of been in the cylinder business either.

Although this dos not mean much as there are a few companies in East Germany, Russia and the Czech republic who have the facility to make cylinders,and do so on the odd occassion to fill capacity on their lines, Apolda is one of the better known ones, but, as I say there are others.

Standingbears suggestion is probably your best bet, possibly "Nitek" was just the name the customer wanted on the cylinder, much like any other brand customer (Scuba Pro, Technisub, etc) and was not the manufacturer, but then, I fear the cylinder would be fairly old, as modern regulations require most manufacturers of high pressure vessels to stamp their propietary name as well as that of the customers (ie) "FABER" "NITEK".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom