anybody heading to Blue hole this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint:
I think we might finally be able to get away for a day - most likely Sunday. Gotta get wet!!!!!

robint
I will be there. There with the OW class and my daughter is doing her AOW, so we'll be there Friday through Sunday. Sunday sounds like the nicest day of the weekend. Should be fun.

It will be nice to meet you if you make it. Where do you usually set up? Our group typically takes the picnic tables on the Southeast side.

Curt Bowen:
What is this Blue Hole?
Not the infamous location in Boniare.

In Santa Rosa, NM, Blue Hole is a natural fed sump that is bell shaped, approximately 80' deep that is used for training and local diving. It has about 3000 gallons per minute flow rate, so it stays pretty clear (except when it's full of students) with a consistent temp of 63° year round.

The area has several natural lakes that are used for diving, this one is owned and maintaind by the city of Santa Rosa and has improvements (bathrooms and showers). Typically used for training because of the consistent temps.

Can be boring after a few dives, but it beats drying up! :eyebrow:

ABQdiver:
It will be nice to meet you if you make it. Where do you usually set up? Our group typically takes the picnic tables on the Southeast side.

We have a Green GMC truck with camper shell - and usually set up over at the main parking lot. Depending how early we get there we will set up our green tent. Hope to see you there!!! I don't know how many people we will be bringing - at least me and Ron though.

robint

robint:
We have a Green GMC truck with camper shell - and usually set up over at the main parking lot. Depending how early we get there we will set up our green tent. Hope to see you there!!! I don't know how many people we will be bringing - at least me and Ron though.

robint
Cool! I'll be driving the NM Scuba van this weekend. I'll be looking for you guys, drive safely.

Back
Top Bottom