Anybody from metro Detroit wanna dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gbair89

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m from the metro Detroit area and am looking to dive as much as humanly possible this season. Anyone wanna go for a day trip on the weekend or afternoons during the week in Michigan or north Ohio?

Would be helpful for you to indicate your experience, do you dive wet or dry, that sort of thing. I’m on the other side of the Great Lakes, but there are plenty of people in MI here.

I would recommend looking up the Michigan Sea snoopers. They are a local club that actually dives a lot. We meet the first tuesday of every month to plan upcoming dives. There are divers at all levels within the club.

I am right across the river from you in Windsor.

My daughter is my usual dive buddy, but will be laid up for surgery this summer.

Still hoping to get some local diving in (Lake Erie, The Wexford, Tobermory, etc.). Now that the border is open and easy to cross again, I am hoping to get down to Gilboa a few times as well.

I have no plans at the moment, but I'd be happy to connect at Gilboa (or White Star) sometime.

My daughter is my usual dive buddy, but will be laid up for surgery this summer.

Still hoping to get some local diving in (Lake Erie, The Wexford, Tobermory, etc.). Now that the border is open and easy to cross again, I am hoping to get down to Gilboa a few times as well.

I have no plans at the moment, but I'd be happy to connect at Gilboa (or White Star) sometime.
Let me know if you're ever coming up to sarnia

I live in NW OH and dive gilboa and white star often. I also am on charters out of port sanilac MI and Barcelona NY as often as I can. If you want to do some diving let me know.

would you like to meet at gilboa in august for a sunday dive? ive never dove lake erie before thats gotta be pretty bad visibility lol. i live off of it and i cant see my feet when im standing in knee deep water most of the time lol.

would you like to meet at gilboa in august for a sunday dive? ive never dove lake erie before thats gotta be pretty bad visibility lol. i live off of it and i cant see my feet when im standing in knee deep water most of the time lol.
Yup--- Western Lake Erie can be an adventure as far as visibility goes, but once in a while, you can get some decent viz.
August 7 and 14 both look good for a Sunday dive at Gilboa. The 28th is open as well. Let me know if one of those works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom