Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of Mammoth teeth, here is one I found about a couple of years ago. It cleaned up really nicely. I have seen a number of them found but never one that has so much enamel left on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 85
Thanks Pond Skipper. The picture is kind of grainy. I'll have to post a better one tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone helping me get through these past couple months of cold weather. Back in the saddle again....... Let the hunt begin...... It's on..........

Finally got out this week and here are a couple of pics from my dives that day. The lighting was not real good and the teeth had just come out of the soak (to remove salt granules). The largest is 5+ inches, the other large ones are around 4 inches.

Attachments

• DSC06911.JPG
    DSC06911.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC06913.JPG
    DSC06913.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 51
Hello K dady...

I like Venice. I especially like the fossils. AND thank you by the way for the positive comment on my posts.

I hope to get back down to Venice this season. I may come for the Fossil show next month. Joy and I both have a friend in Fossilbabe. You may know her. Joy went down to Venice and dove with her one weekend. Probably the same weekend you were on the boat. The scuba world is actually not as big as people think it is. I met a guy on a boat out of Murrels Inlet SC that knew who I was from Scubaboard. I was amazed. I use to dive the Cooper river almost every weekend. I did that for years. Joy actually prefers blue water and photography. I dont complain. I like the blue water also.

Anytime you wanna dive up this way just give me a shout out.

Here is a video I made last season offshore Boynton Beach Florida. Eighty feet of stunningly beautiful water under the boat. I made it to remind myself what scuba divers do in the summer.

I'll get up there sooner or later. I may just have to make a special trip. Do you ever dive offshore for teeth in SC? I see the stories about the ledges where people pull up a lot of teeth. Are they still pretty productive? I would like to combine a trip up there where I can do some offshore stuff and some river diving.

I was on the boat with Joy and Fossilbabe that day. My wife is the same way with the photos and blue water. I can appreciate it when we go but I still find myself scanning the bottom the whole time to try to find something of value just to have a prize to take home. I think fossil diving has ruined me when it comes to "normal" scuba diving.:D

Nice Sharky, I am holding out that this is the year I find the 3.5"+ Mako tooth!! LOL I am getting back in the liquid this Saturday. I had to scrub last weekend's dives due to still not feeling 100%.

I appreciate everyone helping me get through these past couple months of cold weather. Back in the saddle again....... Let the hunt begin...... It's on..........

Finally got out this week and here are a couple of pics from my dives that day. The lighting was not real good and the teeth had just come out of the soak (to remove salt granules). The largest is 5+ inches, the other large ones are around 4 inches.

Very nice tooth there KD, I want one sooooooo bad, lol

Speaking of Mammoth teeth, here is one I found about a couple of years ago. It cleaned up really nicely. I have seen a number of them found but never one that has so much enamel left on it.

Nice Sharky, I am holding out that this is the year I find the 3.5"+ Mako tooth!! LOL I am getting back in the liquid this Saturday. I had to scrub last weekend's dives due to still not feeling 100%.

Thx, I hope you get to feeling better and good luck, post pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom