Anybody dive Travis this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a vis report...

LTTS water temp profile today shows a fairly sharp thermo about 40 ft or so with a temp of almost 60 in the top 40 foot.

Thinking about an evening/night dive one night this week to try out my new quattro's and boots, play with weight adjustment to get trimmed out right when using my hooded vest. And maybe finally use my u/w housing I got for christmas.

Hoping someone else got a chance to get wet this weekend and took it :wink:

Hey Joe,

With the weeks forecast, I am looking at Tuesday or Wednesday evening as tentative date, but have to see what is going on at work this week. Would be glad for company, but dive plan is mostly to diddle with equipment config and stay 50 max.

I will post again this evening when I know more.

Well, you can ask, but ya aren't likely to get it very often in Travis anymore.:wink:

And even when I started diving it way back when it was still rare to see much beyond 14-16' vis, although you did tend to see it a whole lot more often.

But 10 will work fine, I am just sick of diving by braille.

Still working on confirmation, but shooting for tomorrow early evening, getting off early enough to pick up tanks on way to lake and get out there between 6 and 7. Figure on spending a bit of time adjusting weighting, and then going for a test drive of it when I think I've got it, probably staying around 30-40 ft for a quick out and back along the contour line.

Will post more later.

Matt

Looks like Wednesday would work as well, don't think it'll rain substantially before early Thursday am.

I am thinking that Mansfield would be better than WP, was looking to get as rocky an entry as possible, which is impossible at Bob wentz anymore, but I guess we could try Barstows and see if the water is up to the stairs yet.

Back
Top Bottom