Anybody been to KBR/Lembeh recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with the first statement although I would state "above mediocre".
Disagree with the second statement : not impressed with any of their services, probably the worst bang for your bucks I've seen.
Hopefully for them they hired at some times excellent managers who did the best they could with what they had (thinking about Helen and Gizmo.), I had to notice the comparison in between a management switch .
Have you been to Atmosphere resort in the Phils for a comparison to a real "world class resort" or even closeby N/Sulawesi with Gangga Island Resort ?

I haven't been to either of those resorts but I've been to many many world class hotels. Imagine old world hospitality and mentality.

I experienced this at Lembeh with the manager Turk & the team.

Several instances that weren't 'I'll be nice so you don't leave a negative review online'.
I asked for an iron to iron my linen shirt. The girl at the desk was appalled and borderline insulted that I suggested I would iron my shirt. She asked if they could collect it from my room and return it back in time for dinner, which was in 30 minutes.
On my way back from a dive, before another dive, I asked Turk if I could move to a room on the higher floors because I preferred a view. He was truly saddened to tell me that the resort was full for the next two days - but that he'd get back to me.
45 minutes later he was literally waiting waiting for me by the dive boats to tell me that they'd like to upgrade me to the fancy cliff villas in 2 days when a villa became available. Two days later at breakfast he mentioned that they're ready to move my luggage.
At dinner I asked for my pasta to be extra spicy. The waitress who brought it asked me to try it while she waited. If it wasn't wasn't spicy enough, they'd make me another one.
There were so many little instances like this. They were all genuine. I can tell when they're doing it because they have to and when they truly care.

LOL, I wasn't happy with the managers from the moment of my arrival. Hopefully, they are no longer there. Except for that, I was happy there.

I wouldn't describe NAD`s food as exotic, there is alot of Asian style food there but it's certainly not an adventure or far off the beaten path. It's certainly not spicy if he has that concern, and once a week they have a really good bbq.

You must not have not dived Twillight Zone or the house reef at critter junkies. When I did it looked as if it was Laha's dumping ground of choice. It was a critter rich environment but also a terrible dumping ground.

I agree with Laurie S. about the food. There were several guests that asked for special meals or vegetarian options and the staff always made what they wanted. If you let the manager Bella know (when booking) what type of food you like, it will allow the staff to accommodate easier.

Back
Top Bottom