Anybody been to KBR/Lembeh recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks, their website indicates they dive there but probably an hour boat ride by the looks of it

Hopefully then, they will do a couple of dives on it whilst you are there rather than some of the other nearby sites, which are good too for various reasons but after an hour there and back, unless diving on the way?

thanks, their website indicates they dive there but probably an hour boat ride by the looks of it
Only 15 kilometers from Gangga Resort to Sahaung.

Only 15 kilometers from Gangga Resort to Sahaung.

How long a ride is that in regular seas?

How long a ride is that in regular seas?
Depends on the type of boat/engine. At our Weda Resort and Rao it would be 25 minutes or less. With our boats at Divers Lodge Lembeh 35 minutes. I am not sure about the boats of Gangga. They have bigs engines but probably full replacement hulls. Maybe 40 minutes, I guess.

Depends on the type of boat/engine. At our Weda Resort and Rao it would be 25 minutes or less. With our boats at Divers Lodge Lembeh 35 minutes. I am not sure about the boats of Gangga. They have bigs engines but probably full replacement hulls. Maybe 40 minutes, I guess.

My guestimate, 45 minutes. Not so very different from ChrisM guessing an hour.

So what did I win?:yeahbaby:

You don't win anything until you come back and tell us which one of us are right! Lol

Can’t comment as I’ve never been but we have a week at NAD and a week at Gangga Island Resort coming up in April

Chris, hope to see your report or PM after you return, even though it won't help much as it's "deposit time" for me. We will do Gangga and Dive into Lembeh for this years December/January trip....

Thinking of Saba for our "in between" summer trip.

I stayed at Lembeh resort in early December of 2019.
The dive shop - a little below mediocre. Message privately for details.

But the resort - world class.

Yes, they have rooms on ground level. Right behind the main building.
I stayed there before getting upgraded to one of the newer villas on the cliff.

The thing is I don't remember seeing an elevator in the main building.
The main dining area, bar, and lounge is on the first level. Not too many steps to go up but you do need to go up to access the buffet.
I'm more than certain Turk and his team will find a way to accommodate you though.

You could probably financially reward a few friendly staff to carry you up - but I don't know how you'd feel about that lol

this is the ground level accommodation building

20191205_134201.jpg

Attachments

• 20191204_165928.jpg
    20191204_165928.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 63
The dive shop - a little below mediocre. Message privately for details.

But the resort - world class.
Agree with the first statement although I would state "above mediocre".
Disagree with the second statement : not impressed with any of their services, probably the worst bang for your bucks I've seen.
Hopefully for them they hired at some times excellent managers who did the best they could with what they had (thinking about Helen and Gizmo.), I had to notice the comparison in between a management switch .
Have you been to Atmosphere resort in the Phils for a comparison to a real "world class resort" or even closeby N/Sulawesi with Gangga Island Resort ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom