Any way to remove a thread once posted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Click on "Thread tools" in the up right.

Go down to where it says "Admin Tools" and select "Delete Thread" the click "Preform Action"

If you don't have an "Admin Tools" section try sending a PM to a moderator. :wink:

Which thread would you like removed?

Why can't we delete our own threads without asking for help from a mod?? I know vBulletin handles this feature.

For many reasons... people could easily flame or breach the tos then remove it after a few minutes or people could delete their posts well into a thread and make it impossible to follow, there are a multitude of reasons. More or less it all comes down to taking away from the community.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a deleted post still show up in the administrator's logs or trash can? I belong to a firearms forum that uses vBulletin and they allow it and trust me, firearms and politics can be more heated than "pony bottle or no pony bottle".

The subject matter isn't the issue, it's the impact on the community and the potential for abuse if you allow users to delete their own posts freely. I am a member of many, many forums including forums on how to run forums, forums on web development and so forth and very few let you delete your own posts for the same reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom