Any Vintage Dive Magazine Lovers Out There?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the early 1970’s I bought a Zodiac Super Sea Wolf dive watch. It was the only reasonable dive watch I could afford as a high school student. I still have it and it works great. AFAIK, the Super Sea Wolf was introduced after the Sea Wolf, but I don’t know when or how long it was in production.
Has anyone ran into adds for the Super Sea Wolf? Any other information about it?
Super Sea Wolf was introduced in late 1960s.
Super Sea Wolf 1.jpg
Including chronograph version
Super Sea Wolf 2.jpg
Here is a 1969 ad of the Super Sea Wolf.
1969 Zodiac Super Sea Wolf Ad.jpg
In 1970s they upgraded Super Sea Wolf to hi beat movement with day/date complication.
Super Sea Wolf 3.jpg
Later, when Zodiac went into bankruptcy and changed owners, a new generation of Super Sea Wolf was introduced with distinctive circular saw blade shaped bezel. It was introduced somewhere in 1990s.
Super SEa Wolf 4.jpg
Current owner of Zodiac brand, Fossil Group, relaunched many Zodiac models, including Super Sea Wolf.
Super SEa Wolf 5.jpg

In 1970s they upgraded Super Sea Wolf to hi beat movement with day/date complication.
381291-0283ed6026217c932edb6f1de650f463.jpg

My watch looks exactly like this one (which a few more dings on the edge bezel).

Thanks for the information.

I found a guy in Netherlands selling L'aventure Sous-Marine and bought from him five issues with Zodiac ads.
Ordered 1960 full 1960 set of Skin Diver magazine as well.
In addition, located many issues of various magazines with Zodiac ad. Like Life, Playboy, Sports Illustrated etc.
Continue looking British and other diver periodic.
Thanks guys for help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom